BenEx began in 1997. Owners Harry Hanig and Susan McGinnis focus on helping businesses and individuals by providing superior personal service and an outstanding array of benefit options. Since then, the BenEx team has grown to include additional agents and support staff. One thing that hasn’t changed over the years is BenEx’s commitment to expert knowledge delivered through dedicated personal service and a true desire to help businesses and their employees find the best values in a complex process. The BenEx commitment to service includes meeting directly with your employees to help them fully understand – and appreciate – their benefits.
As the Benefit Experts:
WE KNOW THE MARKET – we stay current on the best products and carriers to continually build those relationships and deepen our product knowledge. We also stay up to date on changes and regulations within the Affordable Care Act.
WE KNOW THE INDUSTRY – with earned professional designations in our specialties such as Registered Health Underwriter (RHU), Certified Life Underwriter (CLU), and Certified Health Insurance Marketplace/SHOP.
WE KNOW THE LAW – both state and federal, and can help you navigate the challenging insurance landscape.
- Tulsa Association of Health Underwriters (TAHU)
- Oklahoma State Association of Health Underwriters (OSAHU)
- National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU)
- Tulsa Area Human Resources Association (TAHRA)
- Tulsa Employee Benefits Group (TEBG)
- Tulsa Area Manufacturers Association (TAMA)
- Bixby Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Rotary Club of Bixby
- Board of Directors of the Bixby Educational Endowment Foundation (BEEF)
- Earned "Lifetime Qualified" in 2009 for Leading Producers Round Table by the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU).
- "Health Underwriter of the Year Award" in 2007 by the Oklahoma State Association of Health Underwriters (OSAHU).
- "Presidential Citation Award" in 2007 by the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU).
- "Distinguished Service Award" in 2007 for Outstanding and Dedicated Service to the Health Insurance Industry by the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU).
- BenEx’s Vice-President served as the Tulsa Association of Health Underwriters (TAHU) President and was awarded the “Silver Seal” for outstanding Chapter in 2006 by the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU).
- "Health Underwriter of the Year" in 1994 by the Oklahoma State Association of Health Underwriters (OSAHU).
Value Added Services
BenEx does not practice law. However, we believe you, as plan fiduciary, need a resource to assist you in keeping your employee benefit plans in compliance with federal and state laws.
To assist our clients, we offer compliance tools for their use.
24/7 Online HR Service
An online solution that helps you navigate the ever-changing human resources landscape. Whether it's federal and state employment laws, Health Care Reform or the day-to-day responsibilities of hiring and firing staff, this online service is your single source for up-to-date HR news, forms and policies and advice.
Proprietary Compliance Software
Web-based service that keeps employers compliant with the laws and regulations, such as COBRA, ERISA and HIPAA.
Helps employers to stay compliant with a proven 3-step process designed to measure, remedy and remind them of on-going compliance requirements.
New Hire Packets
We assemble your enrollment material into one simple packet for you to provide to your new-hires.
Employee Benefits Attorney
BenEx has two (2) top Employee Benefits Attorneys on retainer for specific compliance situations for our clients.
Janet Dumont - Benefits Attorney
Debbie Blackwell – Employee Benefits Attorney
Patty Lyons, PHR, MHR – Consultant
Social Security Law Center - www.sslcnow.com
Custom app for the employees mobile device containing their employers benefit package, at hand, when it’s needed.
Representing disability claimants. SSLC prefers to help file your initial application so that it will get approved more quickly. However, if you’ve already submitted the application yourself and received a denial, they will help you through the appeal process and appear with you at your hearing.
We believe a stronger community benefits us all, and are proud to actively support these organizations.
Bixby Educational Endowment